Recipe: Chocolate Tiffin (Fridge Cake)
Save and organise your recipes on Yummly: Yum
Gooey, nutty, fruity and chocolately…chocolate tiffin is surely the ultimate naughty treat. Here’s my take on the no-bake classic. Beware though – the first piece you nibble easily turns to the second until one more becomes the whole tray. Oops!
This makes around 12 squares of tiffin.
225g/8oz plain chocolate
2 tbsp golden syrup
Approx. 8 plain digestive biscuits
Approx. 10 glacé cherries, quartered
- Line a 12 x 8″ (30 x 20cm) shallow baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Break the chocolate up and put it in a heatproof bowl with the syrup and butter.
- Place the bowl over a half-pan of water. Make sure the bowl isn’t actually touching the water, and heat slowly to melt the ingredients together.
- Put the biscuits in a strong polythene bag sealed at the top and place on a wooden chopping board. Then hit with a rolling pin until they become crumbs.
- Stir the crumbs, currants and quartered glacé cherries into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking tray and level using a spoon or knife.
- Place in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Slice and serve!
Follow Lynne Razavi on Instagram here.