Recipe: White Port and Tonic Cocktail
Save and organise your recipes on Yummly: Yum
I had the privilege of visiting the Portuguese city of Porto earlier this year, and going on a journey to learn about the history and heritage of the most delicious of dessert wines – Port.
Inspired by my sun-drenched trip to Porto and the surrounding Douro Valley, I’ve not been able to stop treating myself to a little tipple now and again over the past few weeks of summertime brightness.
Recommended by the lovely folks at Graham’s Port, here’s the secret recipe for the most delectable cocktail you’ll taste all season…
- A generous serving of Graham’s Fine White Port
- A dash of light tonic water (the port itself’s plenty sweet, so I prefer to go for the virtually sugar-free tonic)
- A slice of lemon to garnish
- Plenty of ice (recommended quantities vary according to the weather!)
- Pour your port into a small glass, add the tonic and ice, then garnish with a slice of lemon on the side. I usually go for around one-third port versus two-thirds tonic.